The first step is to give your Poll a title, then add at least two keywords. For example, "What's your favorite gaming console?"
Then you add your two keywords. "PS4", "Xbox" (To add a third or fourth choice to your poll, simply click "+ Add Choice" before creating your poll.)
Click "Create Poll". Your new poll will be created and added to the column. It's ready to go live! Notice the results start at 0%. As your viewers add their comments to the live stream, the poll will update in real-time. You can see those updates in the Polls tab BEFORE you put the results on-air!
To put your poll graphic on-air, you just need to click the blue activate button on the left side of the poll. Your new graphic will go live and the graphic box will turn red to let you know that it is on-air and 'hot'.
To send your poll results to your talent using prompt view, click the Prompt View Tv icon. This will allow your talent to see results before they appear for the audience.
The other icons on the right side give you a lot of new flexibility.
•The first check-box toggles counting. If it is checked, that poll is actively receiving results. You can toggle counting on and off as you desire. An example of this might be if you were asking multiple "Yes", "No" type poll questions. For each new poll, you would toggle off the counting on the previous poll.
•The Reset icon will reset your results back to zero.
•The Stopwatch icon will count all the results from the beginning of the stream.
•Of course, the Garbage icon is so you can delete your poll.
You can also download and upload your polls just like graphics. Check out this support article for more details.
- Using # in front of your keywords will help to make the voting for your polls cleaner and more deliberate. i.e., #PS4, or #Xbox
- Single keywords are better for your audience. Think about what you're asking them to type.
- You can have multiple polls in a single live stream. Just fill in the title and keyword boxes with the new poll question and click "Create Poll." Your new poll will be added beneath your first poll.
- Polls are not case sensitive. "ps4", or "PS4", "Xbox", or "XBOX", will all be counted for this example poll.
- Polls use 'fuzzy matching'. Meaning If the keyword is "Candy" "Cnady" and "Canyd" will also be counted.